Well, it turns out a previous customer read my post below, liked what they saw and asked if I would install laminate flooring for them. (along with tape a new wall they had put up)
When I went to look at the job, I reminded them that the previous post was about a repair, rather than a complete install and that I'm not a flooring contractor. While I have done self-adhesive and VCT tile installs before, I had never done laminate. They had already taken up the old carpet and cleared the room, which is a job in itself. After looking things over, I felt confident I could handle the job, so we agreed to move forward.
The floor is concrete and was rough. There was evidence of previous patching though no major dips. And since we were adding a moisture barrier and underlayment, that would provide enough padding and support.
The tricky parts were getting underneath the heating, door jams, and around the brick fireplace. A total of 11 boxes were purchased, with 10 being used. This covered roughly 240 sq. ft. We also agreed to simply carry the floor through both rooms, rather than create a threshold. This gives it a unified look while eliminating unnecessary cuts. I did install a T-style threshold where it meets the kitchen tile - this turned out great! (though, no photo)
Overall, this project took 3 days which included installing floor, taping and priming both sides of new wall and miscellaneous patching throughout the house. Next up is installing the same floor, Saratoga Hickory laminate, in the living room. I'm happy with how it turned out, as is the homeowner.